Representative LEED Facilities
Several of our facilities are certified under the U.S. Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) standards, a globally recognized green building certification program:
Philadelphia Material Recovery Facility, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (LEED Gold, 2010)
- Sorts and processes more than 20,000 tons of recyclables per month.
- Constructed on a former brownfield site using 47 percent recycled content and 42 percent regionally sourced materials, promoting land reuse.
- Includes a green roof made of 80 percent recycled content, reducing heating and cooling costs, contributing to water quality by controlling stormwater runoff, improving air quality and extending the life of the roof.
- Includes bike racks and preferred parking spaces for low-emissions vehicles.
- Features floor tiles made of 46 percent recycled material and 23 percent rapidly renewable material, carpet made of 50 percent recycled material, paints low in volatile organic compounds (VOCs), lumber certified by the Forest Stewardship Council and countertops made of 70 percent recycled material.
- Reused or recycled more than 95 percent of waste generated during construction of Vehicle Maintenance Facility, White Tank, Arizona (LEED Gold).
- Reduced water use throughout the site by 61 percent.
- Reuses 100 percent of truck-wash water through a biotreatment system.
- Used 100 percent low-VOC paints and sealants in the interior space.
- Earned certification for Green Cleaning from the GREENGUARD Environmental Institute.
- Recycled 98 percent of waste generated during construction.
Vehicle Maintenance Facility, Moreno Valley, California (LEED Gold, 2011)
- Reduced facility water use by 54 percent and water used for landscape irrigation by 59 percent.
- Constructed with 30 percent recycled material.
- Features 70 percent building materials that were extracted, mined, grown and manufactured within a 500-mile radius of the project, reducing energy used for construction and related GHG emissions.
- Saves 44 percent annually in energy costs compared with similar buildings.
- Features energy-efficient design, including evaporative cooling, interior lighting that adjusts to maintain constant levels as exterior conditions change and fluorescent lighting.
- Recycled or reused more than 95 percent of waste generated during construction.